Magnifier Bug?

07-21-2010 11:19 AM
DonnieHolmes
New Contributor III
I have added a magnifier to use with my map control & i think i'm seeing a bug. If my browser window is maximized, i never see anything in the magnifier.
I do see this error returned from the REST service in Fiddler:

HTTP/1.1 404 Image width is not in range. Valid range is from 1 to 2048.
(the image width that the magnifier asked for was 2304)

If i shrink the browser window somewhat, the magnifier works as expected. I'm using the 10.0 release version on Server and the latest WPF/SL API.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
This is a known issue with the magnifier / rest service.
0 Kudos
AmyLouie
New Contributor
Has there been an update to this? 

{"error":{"code":400,"message":"Unable to complete  operation.","details":["Image width is not in range. Valid range is from 1 to 2048."]}}

Currently, we're testing map services on ArcGIS10, SP4.  We are receiving this error code in our REST service when testing this on a high resolution screen.
We've update the following config file parameters.  
                                <MaxImageWidth>3072</MaxImageWidth>
                                <MaxImageHeight>3072</MaxImageHeight>

However, if we are going to use our map services in ArcGIS10, we need the resolution of 3072 for this.
This is what we have set up in ArcGIS 9.3.1 (no SP) and it is live.   

Sincerely,
Amy
0 Kudos
BrandonCales
New Contributor III
I'm getting the same thing. My native desktop resolution is 2560x1440, but once I shrink my window, its fine.  Any updates to this? Will 10.1 handle it?
0 Kudos
deleted-user-M9aYbbOsmbw3
New Contributor II
I'm having this issue with my Public Silverlight App as well.   Some layers do not render and Fiddler is reporting the same error message " HTTP/1.1 404 Image width is not in range. Valid range is from 1 to 2048 "   I have Dual 28" monitors running at 2560 * 1440 this issue is obviously not specific to the Magnifier but resolution in general.

I am currently running ArcGIS 10 SP 3.

Any advice or pssoible solution would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

http://pgmappub.princegeorge.ca/SilverlightViewer_1_3/?Viewer=PGMapPub
0 Kudos
BrandonCales
New Contributor III
I updated my main UserControl to include the following. That way for larger resolutions its forced to max at 2048, but for general use, no one else will ever really notice.

MaxWidth="2048" MaxHeight="2048"
0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor
You can change the maximum image size the map service will export by changing the service configuration file at the server side.

See documentation here (look at MaxImageHeight and MaxImageWidth parameters).

From ArcGIS server 10.1, these values are returned by the map service rest end point and the ArcGIS SL API 3.0 constraints the exported image to these values.
0 Kudos