Select to view content in your preferred language

localization does not work when deployed

11-03-2011 05:03 AM
SantoshV
Emerging Contributor
HI,
I have created a website in using ArcGIS Silverlight API  in two different languages
i e English and Tamil.
The website works fine in local but when I deployed it to the server the language does not change.
am I missing something here should I do something extra to implement language that I am reading from the resource file..
Please guide....
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
SantoshV
Emerging Contributor
HI,
Thank you for your reply but I have done the coding and the language change works fine when I run the project on Visual Studio..
but when I deploy the project in IIS and then access it on the same system(browser) the language change does not take effect..
Do I need to Install some language(Tamil) font on the server or download something on the client
Please guide..
0 Kudos
RexHansen
Esri Contributor
Are you hardcoding the culture in the Silverlight application before deploying to the web server or trying to discover the users culture and set at runtime?   Side note, the ArcGIS API does not include localized resources for Tamil (ta). 

Also, have you changed any globalization settings in IIS? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725971(WS.10).aspx
0 Kudos