Intallation error

07-22-2010 02:00 PM
JasGT
by
New Contributor
Hi all,

I can't install ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight/WPF 2.0, the intall send this message: Installation ended prematurely because of an error. I have windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits, VS 2010 ultimate, Microsoft Expression 4 and I'm try download the exe many times and can't install, help.
0 Kudos
22 Replies
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor
Did you install Silverlight 4 tools for Visual Studio? It is not in the list of components you installed.
Here is the installation requirements help doc.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/help/Installation.htm.
0 Kudos
ChrisRothery
New Contributor
Same issue here with similar environment (Windows 7 ent 64, VS2010, Expression studio 3, SL4 sdk, WPF toolkit feb, expression extensions/sdk installed)

I'm looking into this for WPF and wont be using expression (will use VS instead).

I'm getting the same error when installing after clicking the first "next" button (i.e. before I get to the choice of what to install).

Incase the number means anything to anyone, my Windows event viewer has the following entry for the time I was attempting the installation:

"Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight/WPF v2.0. Product Version: 2.0.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.. Installation success or error status: 1603."

Any ideas please?

Chris
0 Kudos
RexHansen
Esri Contributor
Hi folks,

Unfortunately some Resource Center downloads exhibited problems at the end of July and beginning of August. Please download the 2.0 Silverlight/WPF API setup again and run through the installation.   If you continue to experience a problem please provide me with the following:

1) Size of the download.
2) The browser used to download the setup.  Include the version of the browser.
3) Operating system on which the browser is running. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
RexHansen
Esri Contributor
Here are a few follow-up questions:

1) Under Control Panel > Programs and Features do you see any program named "ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight/WPF..."?

2) Have you installed a 2.0 beta version of the ArcGIS Silverlight/WPF API? 

3) Where does the installation fail?  Do you get an error message?  If so, what is the error?

4) What is the size of the setup you downloaded from the ArcGIS resource center?  For example, for ArcGIS Silverlight/WPF v2.0, what is the size of the ArcGISSilverlightWPF20.exe you downloaded?

Thanks
0 Kudos
VladimírDrlík
New Contributor
Hi, the same problem with installation of 2.0 version.

After clicking the first Next button the installation ended with the Fatal error: "Installation ended prematurely because of error".

I'm using the following configuration:
W7 (32bit), VS2010, Silverlight 3+4 Toolkit+SDK+Tools, Web Expression 4

The size of the installation package is 7.02 MB  (7*365*592 bytes)

Please, help !
0 Kudos
patroam
New Contributor
Same problems here. System specs same as previous poster.

Tried re-downloading with 2 different browsers. Size 7.02 MB (7,365,592 bytes).

Thanks
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I haven't a clue as to what your issue is.  Sorry.

That said, if >you< want to dive in and debug the installation issue then the way to do this is to run the Microsoft installer from the command line and specify additional logging options:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa367988(VS.85).aspx
0 Kudos
patroam
New Contributor
Thanks Richard that would probably work if this was an msi.

pat
0 Kudos
patroam
New Contributor
I was able to workaround the issue by creating another windows account and installing it there. It now works though the installation still will not run in the original user profile.

pat
0 Kudos