Select to view content in your preferred language

How to Upload and View an Image (raster type) field in GDB using SL?

06-26-2011 05:35 PM
ramjielinog
Deactivated User
Hi!

This is my case. By clicking the map points, I would like to add  points in my map along with its attribute fields(Street=STRING, Crime_Type =STRING, Image=RASTER) and save it to the geodatabase using silverlight.

1st problem:
How can I upload an image directly to the Image field which is a RASTER type in silverlight? Or is there any other way without using AttachmentEditor?

2nd problem:
I have added my image manually in arcmap 10.0 at Image field with a RASTER type. How can I view that image in my application using silverlight?

Please anyone share some ideas.

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CiprianLazar
Deactivated User
Hi!
I am having a similar problem. I have a custom ArcGIS Mobile app for field workers which saves images in a raster field (on ArcGIS Mobile Attachments are not supported), and than I want to see those images in a Silverlight app (mabey edit (change) them).
Did you managed to show raster filed in your silverlight application?
Do I have to build my own web service which serves the images to the client?
0 Kudos
ramjielinog
Deactivated User
Actually, what I did is,
I create a local directory where the images will be save using fileupload in silverlight (ex. D:\Images).
I added a String type field in my geodatabase table named IMAGE_PATH.

The path of my images will be saved as string in IMAGE_PATH. Its not actually you create a raster field in your geodatabase table. Instead you create a string field for the path of your images.

this is my code snippet in XAML inside InfoWindow for viewing uploaded images:

<Image source={[IMAGE_PATH]} width="300" height="300" />

Now you can view the images dynamically.

Hope that helps. 🙂
0 Kudos