Select to view content in your preferred language

esriToolkit:MagnifyingGlass only showing base map

04-20-2010 03:52 PM
GregLittlehales
New Contributor
I'm using the SilverlightMapApp with just the base map and a few graphicslayers that are loaded at run time.  When I use the Magnifying Glass control, it only shows the base map. 

The control is bound to the base map in the XAML: Map="{Binding ElementName=Map}".  Is there a way to coerce it into displaying the added graphicsLayers?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor
An OverviewMap shows one layer which is given by the layer property of the OverviewMap. This layer can be set by code or by XAML and doesn't need to be the same than the layers in the main map.

<esriToolkit:OverviewMap x:Name="OVMap" Margin="0" 
                           MaximumExtent="-180,-90,180,90" Map="{Binding ElementName=Map}">
 <esriToolkit:OverviewMap.Layer>
  <esri:ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer Url="http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/service/ESRI_StreetMap_World_2D/MapServer" />
 </esriToolkit:OverviewMap.Layer>
</esriToolkit:OverviewMap>

So I guess you could set the overviewmap layer to your graphic layer.

/Dominique
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
MagnifyingGlass only works with one tiled layer service.
The magnifier is not "really" a magnifier. It's just another map that pans and zooms based on its relative location to the parent map. Because of it's behavior that causes very frequent map rerendering, anything but tiled layers would not perform adequate. Also take a look at the Magnifier class. It uses a different approach that allows you to specify other (and multiple) layertypes.
0 Kudos