Errors in a deployed Silverlight project

01-15-2015 06:11 AM
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

I tried to deployed a SL project in IIS 7 by following the procedure by ESRI: 39169 - Deploy a Silverlight application to IIS 6.0 and 7.0‌ .  After the deployment, I opened the project's htm on IE.  The interface looks fine.  But I run the query, a bunch of errors show up.  Some of the errors are listed below:

Locator service failed: System.Security.SecurityException ---> System.Security.SecurityException: security error

at System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncresult asyncResult)

at System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest ...

It appears it involves some security issue.  What should do to solve these problems.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor

did you add crossdomain.xml and clientaccesspolicy.xml in IIS ?

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Dear Rao:

Thanks for your advisory.  I added the crossdomain.xml into the server's \Inetpub\wwwroot\

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<access-policy>

<cross-domain-access>

<policy>

<allow-from http-request-headers="SOAPAction">

<domain ”http://*”/>

</allow-from>

</policy>

</cross-domain-access>

</access-policy>

But I still got the same errors.  Did I do something incorrect?

0 Kudos
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor

Are you using any locator service ?

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Yes.  The locator service is on another server in our company. 

0 Kudos
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor

Are you able to access REST URL in browser ? if yes then try to  add clientaccsspolicy.xml and test ?

if no then the issue with your locator services.

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Have no problem to access all of the REST URL's through any browser.  Added both clientaccsspolicy.xml and crossdomain.xml.  But the errors remain the same.  What else should I check?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor

can you try to add these xml files in other server where locator services published and try it. anyway this issue is because of domain access.

0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor

Do you mean that your project was working well in development and is no more working after deployment?

What is the URL of your Locator? is there a crossdomain.xml or clientaccesspolicy.xml at the root of your Locator site?

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

1) The project runs well in my debugging.  After it was deployed into IIS7, the page is loaded well.  The errors display in query.

2) Per Rao, I added both crossdomain.xml or clientaccesspolicy.xml into my server's \Inetpub\wwwroot\.

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos