Select to view content in your preferred language

Draw Map Extent in Second Map

11-16-2013 07:49 PM
brianlee
New Contributor
Hello, and thank you in advance for helping a noobie along.  I have a common map configuration of two maps: one is the main interactive map, and the second is a non-interactive overview map.  The second map stays at a constant zoom and keeps the same center as the first map (using an ExtentChanged handler).

What I want to do is to draw the extent of the first map on the second map using a rectangle.  Can you point me in the right direction?  The closest I have come is drawing a rectangle in the second view in a GraphicsLayer, but I don't know how to move it (in the ExtentChanged handler).  Thank you for any assistance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
brianlee
New Contributor
Hello, and thank you in advance for helping a noobie along.  I have a common map configuration of two maps: one is the main interactive map, and the second is a non-interactive overview map.  The second map stays at a constant zoom and keeps the same center as the first map (using an ExtentChanged handler).

What I want to do is to draw the extent of the first map on the second map using a rectangle.  Can you point me in the right direction?  The closest I have come is drawing a rectangle in the second view in a GraphicsLayer, but I don't know how to move it (in the ExtentChanged handler).  Thank you for any assistance.

I'm retracting this question.  I apologize for posting too quickly.
0 Kudos