Select to view content in your preferred language

converting silverlight 4 code to silverlight 3

07-07-2010 06:44 AM
TylerMunn
New Contributor
Hello,

I am wondering how difficult it would be to convert my silverlight 4 code to silverlight 3. A client is requesting the change due to IT issues on their end. I realize that version 2.0 of the API only works with Silverlight 4 as well.

Would it be a simple copy/paste? I dont think I am currently utilizing any of the 2.0 specific functionalities in my project either.

edit- I misinterpreted! What I am ALSO wondering is- Using the silverlight 3 plugin, can you view the page that was created in silverlight 4 with the 2.0 API? If not the 2.0 API, could I switch back to 1.x API?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
If you only have the v3 silverlight plugin, you can only use the v1.x builds, and you have to target your application for SL3 in Visual Studio. If you don't use any of the new features, you can just continue to use v1.2, and downgrading shouldn't be a big issue. If you need any of the new functionality, you WILL need SL4 both on your development box and on the client PCs.
0 Kudos
TylerMunn
New Contributor
If you only have the v3 silverlight plugin, you can only use the v1.x builds, and you have to target your application for SL3 in Visual Studio. If you don't use any of the new features, you can just continue to use v1.2, and downgrading shouldn't be a big issue. If you need any of the new functionality, you WILL need SL4 both on your development box and on the client PCs.

Thanks Morten.

I also just found out that we're sticking with silverlight 4, good news.
0 Kudos