ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight/WPF 2.1 Install After VS2010 SP1

05-22-2011 10:25 PM
MatthewBrown1
Occasional Contributor
Hi all,

I don't seem to have the option to install the VS 2010 Silverlight API templates. Apparently, Silverlight tools is now part of SP1 (get an error when trying to install). Could this be the reason I don't see the templates for VS? (Blend templates are there.)

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies
UjjwalNigam
New Contributor III
Try installing Expressions Blend 4...
0 Kudos
MatthewBrown1
Occasional Contributor
Expression Blend 4 and SDK are installed. I can see the ArcGIS templates in Expression Blend, but not in VS 2010.

The API installer doesn't even give me the option to install the VS 2010 templates, so there must be some prerequisite check done by the installer that is failing. (For example, due to the fact I cannot install Silverlight Tools for VS separately because they are part of VS 2010 SP1.)
0 Kudos
RexHansen
Esri Contributor
matthewb-  The installer is looking for the Silverlight tools for Visual Studio 2010 to be installed. Since it's not required for VS2010 sp1, the templates are not showing up in the install.  We should have this resolved in 2.2.  In the meantime you can get the standard and showcase template online here: http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/samples/TemplateGalleryWeb/start.htm
0 Kudos
Erclink
New Contributor
Hi,

I just installed 2.2 and do not have the option of installing the silverlight templates either.  I was wondering if this fix was included with v2.2?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Have any of you resolved this issue? I have run into the same problem. I have installed v 2.2 but the templates don't show up in VS 2010.
0 Kudos