API 2.0 IdentifyTask not working with Server 9.3.1 resources

11-10-2010 06:30 AM
ChristopherBennett
New Contributor
I'm moving from the 1.2 API to the 2.0 API but still using 9.3.1 map resources.  In a test app, I can't get IdentifyTask to return results (if it returns at all) on these map services in the 2.0 API.  I copied the sample app for IdentifyTask from the new (2.0) API sample page.  The app works when pointed to the original map url, but doesn't work when pointed to my maps.  Other apps using SL 3 and the 1.2 api referencing 9.3.1 maps don't have this problem (I haven't yet tried moving my sample app to SL3 and API 1.2).  I checked the map urls and they do show Identify as a supported operation.

I'm experiencing this in two different apps with two different maps (on two different servers).  In fact, even QueryTask doesn't work when given a map point, but attribute queries do work.  So there seems to be something involved in the spatial query aspect.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of behavior?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AliMirzabeigi
New Contributor
Have you tried Fiddler to see if you get any response from your service? Are you getting a failure on your IdentifyTask?
0 Kudos
ChristopherBennett
New Contributor
Actually, there is no response.  It times out.  Strangely, it worked one time. 

I've tried removing the SL 3 and 1.2 API packages and rebooting but that didn't change anything.  The map itself is fairly complex and takes about 20-30 secs to load (tiling is on my list).  However, the full extent is rather small, only about the size of an average county.
0 Kudos