Select to view content in your preferred language

Create a full text index for hosted feature layer

Jump to solution
09-04-2024 07:18 AM
Labels (1)
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Hello - does anyone know where I can go in the api to create a full text index for an ArcGIS Online hosted feature layer? I can't seem to find anything in the api documentation.

Whenever I overwrite the sd file via the arcpy sharing module to update the data for the layer, the full-text indexes are removed. 

@JakeSkinner or @jcarlson  - do either of you guys know?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkTorrey
Esri Contributor

Hi David,

You can use `add_to_definition` and set the indexType = "FullText" to create a full text index on a hosted feature layer. Assuming you are the owner or have admin access.

MarkTorrey_0-1725465471227.png

We'll work on getting the documentation updated to address this...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh, gosh. I've only ever messed with indices from Pro in the layer properties window. Maybe perform an index update through Pro with something like Wireshark running, see what kind of messages are being sent to the server? I've never come across documentation for how to do this via any API, though.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Ok Josh - thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.  What @MarkTorrey is showing below is what I need to get worked into my post-update steps.

0 Kudos
MarkTorrey
Esri Contributor

Hi David,

You can use `add_to_definition` and set the indexType = "FullText" to create a full text index on a hosted feature layer. Assuming you are the owner or have admin access.

MarkTorrey_0-1725465471227.png

We'll work on getting the documentation updated to address this...

DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Ok @MarkTorrey  - thanks for the reply.  I'll get this worked into my post-update steps. 

I have to say, does seem to me that 1) an sd update shouldn't remove a full text index (unlike the attribute indices) and maybe this is something that will be addressed in a future update?

and 2) do you know if full text indexes are going to be supported for enterprise hosted feature layers at 11.4?   They don't seem to be supported yet at 11.3 . . . 

0 Kudos