Select to view content in your preferred language

TOC groups in Accordion, FlexViewer 2.1

10-29-2010 12:23 AM
MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor
Hi!
I would like to group my services in the TOC in several groups in an Accordion, like this TOC http://resources.esri.com/arcgisserver/apis/flex/index.cfm?fa=codeGalleryDetails&scriptID=15874 from the old code gallery (the groups version of it).
Has anyone done this or something similar in the FlexViewer 2.1?

I'm also thankful if someone could point me in the right direction and give me some tips on where to begin.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mattias,

Yep I created a copyright widget a little while ago.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=3893f396489344aa9f8fcdef15b3fe1b

Don't forget to rate and comment on the widgets you use form the code gallery.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mattias,

Here it is for FlexViewer2.1
0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor
Thank you so much Robert!
That's great! I could even implement the code in the MapSwitcherWidget, so it works exactly as I want.
0 Kudos
ionarawilson1
Regular Contributor II
Mattias,

Here it is for FlexViewer2.1

Hi Robert,

Is there any way I can use this in my Flex Application? (I am not using Flex Viewer)! It seems like a great tool but I cant use the widget since I am not using Flex Viewer or can I?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ionara,

You are correct it would take a MAJOR re-write to decouple it from the Flex Viewer.
0 Kudos
MattGiles
New Contributor
Hi Robert,
I am using your accordian TOC widget as a workaround for the lack of layer grouping functionality in the existing viewer TOC. It works great except the LayerMenus (move up, move down, transparency, description etc) do not work - can you provide me with some direction as to how i could get these working? I've tried poking around but the TOC involves fairly complicated code..
Thanks so much!
0 Kudos
MattGiles
New Contributor
Got it - just needed to put TOCAccordion in com.esri.viewer.components.toc package so that i could reference TOC through: [xmlns:TOC="com.esri.viewer.components.toc.*"].
0 Kudos
MattGiles
New Contributor
Fantastic widget Robert - may i ask why you don't share this on the code gallery?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
M Giles,

If you hadn't noticed I have enough code in the code gallery to maintain. Most people are fine with the TOC I provide, there is just a handful that need to group things in the TOC.
0 Kudos