Select to view content in your preferred language

summary statistics chart and datagrid - multiple points instead of polygon?

12-28-2010 08:16 AM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor
I have modified an example from the user forum (version 1.3 of FLEX) that will let the user draw a polygon and get summary statistics and a chart based on their selection.  This works just fine when you have contiguous polygons.  However, what if I wanted to compare 3 or counties that are not next to each other?  I thought I might be able to modify this to add points (or multipoints).  I would then need to have something different as a trigger to know when the user was done adding points (unlike polygon that has a draw end built into it).

If I have multiple points, then I'm assuming I would need to loop through each of my points I'd drawn.  I can't decide whether I am better off using an identify task instead of the query task I have set for the drawn polygon. 

This code works now with just polygons for anyone who wants to have another basic charting/datagrid/summary example.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
BethManghi
New Contributor III
Thank you both for this thread!  It helped me figure out a simple way of totaling up the number of hospital beds within a given drive time!
0 Kudos