Select to view content in your preferred language

SFV 1.3: LayerMapsWidget - sublayer alpha sliders possible?

08-10-2010 11:03 AM
JamesHolstead
Emerging Contributor
The layerReapeter dataprovider for the transparency sliders are given an array of ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer objects. Is it possible to have the repeater iterate over this layer's children instead? While debugging I'm not finding any references to the sublayers/children in the ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer .
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
James,

The alpha property controls the whole map service and alpha of sublayers is only possible using 2.0 API and featurelayers for each sublayer of the map service.
0 Kudos
JamesHolstead
Emerging Contributor
I was slowly coming to that conclusion =/

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
JamesHolstead
Emerging Contributor
Also, does 2.0 support 9.3.1 or do some of the features require10? (is it backwards compatible?) ty
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
James,

It does support Server 9.3.x. So you can use the new FeatureLayer with Server 9.3 map service.
0 Kudos
MLowry
by
Frequent Contributor
Right, but 9.3.1 Server doesn't support the "FeatureServer" capability, only "MapServer", therefore the sample .config xml's in the SFV 2.0 use this featureserver feature using AGS 10 technology.

So, although the new Featurelayer does work with 9.3 map services, it needs to be configured differently than in the examples because they use AGS Server 10 FeatureServers.

Edit: Sorry, just realized the SFV 1.3 in the title, nevermind my response.
0 Kudos