Select to view content in your preferred language

Sessions and id user login

09-24-2014 06:14 AM
EvelynHernandez
Frequent Contributor

Hello everybody.

My question is, is it possible to get how many users have logged in a arcgis Web APP through the arcgis server administrator software?

Cuz in my company we want to know the user id to the people who is using it and how many times they do it, and also if its possible, the widgets that they use frecuently.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Evelyn,

No ArcGIS Server does not have that type of reporting capability. The best thing you can do is setup Google Analytics for your web site and then you will be able to get info about website usage. As there is no built in login capability in the Flex API or the Flex Viewer you must be talking about using some third party wrapper app or a web service to do user authentication, so I would look to that code to tell you who is logged in. As far as reporting which widgets are beused you need to look at the Google Analytics Widget of course it will have to be updated for the latest Viewer version.

0 Kudos
EvelynHernandez
Frequent Contributor

Yea. We use G.Analytics, putting just the code that they sent us (like 5 lines of code) and then since one month they are providing us info that we didnt know about our arcgis website.

The thing is, we wanted to know about how to get the user id to the people that is using our website and how frecuently they use it.

For loggin in, out flex app use the IdentityManager.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Evelyn,

There is nothing out of the box or already developed for this (that I am aware of). But the Google Analytics Widget would give you the ability to send specific widget usage info and with some programming and effort you should even be able to get the user info from the IdentityManager so that you can send that to the Google Analystics Widget as well. I don't have any code to support this theory but I think it can be done.