Select to view content in your preferred language

Serving out a map from Arcmap 10......HELP

05-27-2011 06:18 AM
NathanBrown1
Emerging Contributor
I was wondering if it is possible to serve out a map viewer of my GIS work for free??

I know that there is ArcGIS server, but what I am wondering is can you create a free viewer somehow?

What is the Flex and Silverlight API's?  How would one put or publish their GIS data into one of these viewers?

I want to be able to create a viewer for one of our clients, but I dont want to spend 10G right now.  Right now we are just setting up that client with ArcGIS explorer and putting the data on his machine locally.

Thanks for any help........I really dont have a clue in this area of GIS.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was wondering if it is possible to serve out a map viewer of my GIS work for free??

I know that there is ArcGIS server, but what I am wondering is can you create a free viewer somehow?

What is the Flex and Silverlight API's?  How would one put or publish their GIS data into one of these viewers?

I want to be able to create a viewer for one of our clients, but I dont want to spend 10G right now.  Right now we are just setting up that client with ArcGIS explorer and putting the data on his machine locally.

Thanks for any help........I really dont have a clue in this area of GIS.

There are lots of free and/or open source ways to publish map data via the internet. If you search the internet for something like "web map api" you will find lots of information. Other examples are the google maps api, yahoo maps, bing, open layers etc...
0 Kudos