Locking issue on apply edits

11-29-2013 09:16 AM
grahamcooke
Occasional Contributor
I have a feature service that I am using applyedits to publish to. The feature class behind it is a polygon feature class. I have a bunch of polygons in a graphics layer in my flex application I need to publish as features to recall later. A lot of the polygons are multi-ring where the rings are self intersecting. To get round the obvious issues with publishing these I am looping the ring array and crating separate polygons from each ring and using applyedits to send each ring to the feature class separately.

I keep hitting record lock messages intermittently though. My feature class is versioned. Is there some other command I should be issuing after apply edits to ensure any locks are released? Has anyone had similar issues?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BenjaminMercier
New Contributor III
Hi,

I had some similar lock issue with applyEdits some times ago. It was due to too many applyEdits request sent to the AGS Server at the same time. To my part, AGS process that like if each request came from different client thus, the last request was blocked.

Could you check with Fiddler or the browser network console like Firefox if you send only one applyEdits at the same time. If not you should find a way to limit that at one at the same time.

Perhaps you could try to limit the maximum number of instance at 1 as parameter when you are publishing your feature service.

I hope it will help you.

Ben.
0 Kudos