Select to view content in your preferred language

Localization - FlexViewer 2.1

10-14-2010 07:46 AM
MattiasEkström
Frequent Contributor
Hi,
I want all labels, toolTips etc. in my Flex Viewer 2.1 application to show Swedish words, and of some weird reason that is not one of the six supported languages 🙂
Is it possible to somehow make my own Localization?
I'm thinking that won't be so easy, therefore I've been trying to find all strings and change them into Swedish in the code.
Right now I really can't find any way to change the drawing toolTips like "Click to start drawing". Anyone know how to do this?
Until I've been able to do that I thought I would just turn off the toolTips, I found the showDrawTips property in the API Reference but I haven't been able to figure out how to use it in the draw widget for example.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mattias,

The draw widget is just using the MapManager's DrawTool, so you would have to turn off the tooltips in the mapmanager.
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Mattias, some of the text strings come from the Flex API so changing strings in the source code for the Flex Viewer will not be "enough".  However, for version 2.2 we are planning to make localization a lot easier. Both for extending the API to additional languages as well as making easier to localize the Flex Viewer.

I'm actually planning to present an initial Swedish version next month at the ESRI Nordic Developer Conference.
http://www.esri-sgroup.se/templates/Event.aspx?id=3575
0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for your answers!
I'll settle for turn off the drawToolTips until the 2.2 version,
0 Kudos