Select to view content in your preferred language

Identify Tool - 2 InfoWindows

Jump to solution
07-11-2012 06:40 AM
ShaningYu
Honored Contributor
I loaded and customized ESRI's Identify Tool.  When I click a point, 2 infoWindows pop out (see attached image).  I want to Get rid of the one w/o attribute values, which always pops out if I click on the map no matter whether the Identify Tool is loaded.
If you know how to do, please provide your advice.  Thanks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15957[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaningYu
Honored Contributor
The reason was found.  In my config.xml, I added
<sublayer id="0" popupconfig="popups/Butler_County/Political_Boundaries.xml" visible="true"/>
<sublayer id="1" popupconfig="popups/Butler_County/RoadCenterlines.xml" visible="true"/>
<sublayer id="2" popupconfig="popups/Butler_County/Parcels.xml" visible="true"/>
After I commented them out, the extra popup was gone.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShaningYu
Honored Contributor
This revises my last post.  If I click on map, an infoWindow  [ATTACH=CONFIG]15967[/ATTACH] pops out.  I searched for MapMouseEvent.MAP_CLICK event but found only one that is fired when the Idenity Tool is launched.  How to get rid of the this infoWindow?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Do you only get the window popup if the identify tool is active?

It almost looks like there is a popupconfig on the municipalities layer as well.

R_
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
It almost looks like there is a popupconfig on the municipalities layer as well.

R_
0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Honored Contributor
The reason was found.  In my config.xml, I added
<sublayer id="0" popupconfig="popups/Butler_County/Political_Boundaries.xml" visible="true"/>
<sublayer id="1" popupconfig="popups/Butler_County/RoadCenterlines.xml" visible="true"/>
<sublayer id="2" popupconfig="popups/Butler_County/Parcels.xml" visible="true"/>
After I commented them out, the extra popup was gone.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shaning,

It would have helped if you posted to the Flex Viewer forum. As you posted this to the Flex API forum and were talking about the IdentifyTask most of us thought you where speaking of a custom Flex API application that would not of had a popup configured for a sublayer. You really have to pay attention to this as you have been reminded of this fact several times now and your questions go unanswered because of the confusion.
0 Kudos