Select to view content in your preferred language

Having problem with the Enhanced Search Widget...

02-02-2011 04:33 PM
DanielOchoa
Regular Contributor
First - thanks to Robert for this great widget!

So far I've got it working almost 100%. The only issue I'm having is this - one of my map services (dynamic) has layers that appear from query tables converted to layers. These update dynamically from a sql database. I can use the enhanced search by text to find the features no problem.  I can coresponding table data shows up in the results/grid just fine...however....when I click on the returned result(s) in order to have the map zoom to one of them, I am sent to the prime meridian! Hover-over does not show a pop-up bubble either.

Now, when I select items from a different map service using the spatial tools, selecting and zooming to them is no problem, and pop-ups work just fine.  Its just this specific map service with the table-based layers that has the issue with zooming. All the map services have the same projection (102100), its set correctly in the eSearch xml, and all the points show up when turned on in the map. The individual layer table coordinate systems are set correctly (done when turning the table into a layer), as is the data frame. I've also confirmed it in the REST directory - everything is set correctly. However, I still zoom to the PM when these features are selected/clicked on. 

Any thoughts or links to an answer somewhere else in this forum?  I know I can just turn off "search by spatial...", but I'd like my users to have this option. 

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Daniel,

Am issue was found in 2.2.7 and fixed in 2.2.7f.
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Frequent Contributor
Having the same error 2036. Just downloaded today the 2.11 version, copied the esearch compiled folder and modified the config.xml to include the new widget. When the browser loads, I get the 2036 error and when I click Ok, the error goes away but the tool does not respond when u click on it. It doesn't seem that the tool ever loaded. I have not attempt to perform any modifications yet, just trying to make this tool work in my website. What's wrong? Thank you.

<widget label="Enhanced Search" left="60" top="350" preload="open"
    icon="assets/images/i_search.png"
    config="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidget.xml"
    url="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidget.swf" />
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lefteris,

Flex is case sensitive so did you create a widgets/eSearch folder with that exact case?
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Frequent Contributor
yes. i made sure of that. this widget is the only one i tried and doesn't work. suggestions?

thanks
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lefteris,

Which version of Flex Viewer are you using? and which compiled version did you try?
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Frequent Contributor
I am using flex viewer 2.2 and the compiled folder 2.2 compiled.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lefteris,

Try downloading again. I just tested the compiled version on a clean install of FlexViewer 2.2 and it worked fine.
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Frequent Contributor
I will and I will let you know. Thank you for responding.
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Frequent Contributor
Hello Robert. I re-installed the flexviewer and the widget on a new folder and everything works great. Still don't know what's the problem with the original setup. Anyway, thank you for your help.
0 Kudos