Select to view content in your preferred language

Flex Site Navigation/Launch Page

05-19-2011 03:33 AM
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
Fellow coders,

I was looking for some feedback on my site navigation page.  Once I get some feedback I'll post the code if anybody is interested.  Cheers, 

http://home.cogeco.ca/~mcnaughty79/Navigation/

mcnaughty79
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
Koman,

Once I'm finished getting comments I will be posting the code. I'd say about a week or two.

Cheers
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Frequent Contributor
I agree with the following comments:

One improvement that I could see is maybe moving the slider bar to the  top, as currently it obstructs the reflection. On the picky side the  images themselves don't "pinch" in on the short side, instead just are  shortened and clipped by the mask, although I imagine it's more  difficult to scale only one side of an image.

I have started to do this myself ( with this app ), but I do like the  "Windows 7" app movement.  I would definitely be interested to see if you can make the above tweaks and post the code.
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Frequent Contributor
I agree with the following comments:

One improvement that I could see is maybe moving the slider bar to the  top, as currently it obstructs the reflection. On the picky side the  images themselves don't "pinch" in on the short side, instead just are  shortened and clipped by the mask, although I imagine it's more  difficult to scale only one side of an image.

I have started to do this myself ( with this app ), but I do like the  "Windows 7" app movement.  I would definitely be interested to see if you can make the above tweaks and post the code.

Sorry to hijack your post Andrew, but the topic is still relevant.  I liked the look of the Sunshine Coast Regional Council MyMaps  site for site navigation, so I created this application.  Includes ability to right-click and view source--sorry for any disorganization in the code 🙂 probably best gleaned for some animation examples, etc.  Any comments are welcome.
0 Kudos