Select to view content in your preferred language

Flex on  mobiles and iPhones...

10-23-2010 03:00 AM
TonyCollins
Occasional Contributor
So, before I dust of the Mac and play with some horrible XCode I wondered if anyone had done any research into Flash/Flex on the iPhone?

I know Apple went back on it's silly decision to ban the Flash iphone packager, so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or comments that would help me decide on what could be done if anything at all?

The idea of creating something in Flash that would then work on iPhone and other mobile devices with a lot less work...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
Noticed someone else posted that they couldn't get the zip file to import into flash builder burrito.
See:

http://thunderheadxpler.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-use-esri-flex-api-on-android-and.html

Any idea  how to overcome this? I am also getting "Not a valid archived project". 

Thanks,
Frank
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Frank,

Which zip file are you trying to import?
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
The one on the blog  that says "You can download the source code of the sample application from here."    If you click on the word "here"  you get MyMobileApp.zip.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Frank
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
You can try leaving a comment on the blog post, but I'd try just manually unzipping the zip file and copying to code over to your project.
0 Kudos
DavidAlford1
New Contributor III
Can you access a flex viewer map on an iPhone?? It will open on my Droid Razr.

I know flash does not work on iPhone...Is there a workaround???
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
In my experience, if you want to view your maps on an iOS device, you can either build a map in ArcGIS.com and then download the free ArcGIS App from the iTunes and view the map on the device.  Or you can use Flex 2.5.1 and build a custom app for your iOS device.  I have done both and have been pretty happy with custom built app.  Just contact me if you want to see a demo of the custom app (froberts at innovateteam.com). Unfortunately, there isn't any simple way to view a flash app on a iOS device(ie the Flexviewer). Of course with enough time, caffeine and money anything might be possible....
0 Kudos