Select to view content in your preferred language

esri flex api print widget exclude feature service

08-18-2014 02:05 PM
TylerWaring
Occasional Contributor II

Greetings,

I am creating a flex application that has both an edit widget and a print widget. Each of these tools work well independent of each other. However, when I integrate them into the same application, the print widget fails because of the feature layer that the edit widget is used to edit. the error I get is:

Error executing print task:

[RPC Fault faultString="Unable to complete operation." faultCode="400" faultDetail="Error executing tool.: Layer "Easements": Failed to create layer from service at http://myDomain/ArcGIS/rest/services/SharedMaps/editLayer/FeatureServer/0.

Failed to execute (Export Web Map).

Failed to execute (Export Web Map Task)."]

The feature service that causes the error does not need to be printed. How do I exclude the error inducing feature service from the print widget at runtime?

Thanks, Tyler

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tyler,

So have you tried setting the print widgets excludelayerfromlegend tag? I have not tried both widgets together so I have not seen this issue.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tyler,

I just tested the Edit Widget and the Print Widget in a 3.6 Viewer App, with the print widget point to my own standard print service and I used both an AGOL webMap and then I also tried a esri basemap and a FeatureService layer and I did not have an issue printing in either case?..

0 Kudos
TylerWaring

Hi Robert,

I couldn't find any documentation describing the syntax necessary for the excludelayerfromlegend tag. I assumed it was:

<excludelayerfromlegend>http://domain/ArcGIS/rest/services/SharedMaps/editlayer/FeatureServer/0</excludelayerfromlegend>

but the problem persisted.

When you tested the Edit Widget and the Print Widget, did you have to exclude your feature service from the print widget? If so how did you exclude it?"

Thanks, Tyler

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

When I tested I did not have to exclude anything. The docs give examples of how to use the excludelayerfromlegend: ArcGIS Viewer for Flex - Print Widget tags

0 Kudos
TylerWaring

Thanks for the documentation! I corrected my syntax and am getting the same error. Hmmm....

I'll post back if I find a solution.

Thanks, Tyler

0 Kudos
TracyArchibald
Occasional Contributor

I was having the same issue.  It's a known bug in 10.1-10.2.2.  10.3 is supposed to have a fix.  I'm in the midst of testing it and it seems better.  I've come across a different issue though, so I'm not entirely certain it's fully functional yet...

0 Kudos