Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom Flex App Examples

05-17-2011 05:36 AM
CaseySchneebeck
Occasional Contributor
I wanted to post a couple apps I built using the Flex api but not the sample viewer. I'm happy to share concepts/code examples if they are wanted.

Wind and Wildlife Landscape Assessment Tool

The LAT is designed as a landscape-level planning tool to identify sensitive wildlife habitat and areas that are likely to have low wildlife risk where wind energy development could be prioritized. The LAT shows 400+ species distribution models with links to metadata and downloads. The reporting feature returns species present within a user-defined area. Users can create a custom PDF of each report.

Development by Design
This app allows users to view Development By Design projects as well as download reports and spatial data. The Nature Conservancy has created a science-based approach called Development by Design to help balance the needs of planned development �?? like oil and gas, mining and infrastructure �?? with those of nature conservation.

Casey Schneebeck
The Nature Conservancy
Boulder, CO
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrettGaines
Deactivated User
Very cool websites! I'd love to see any code you're willing to share!
0 Kudos
IvanBespalov
Frequent Contributor
My flash player debug version is 10,2,153,1

Development By Design projects

Startup bug.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
 at awwi/filterReset2()
 at awwi/search2()
 at awwi/metaInit()
 at awwi/__metaADG_creationComplete()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
 at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
 at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
 at mx.core::UIComponent/set initialized()
 at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()
 at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()
0 Kudos
MatthewBullock
Occasional Contributor
I wanted to post a couple apps I built using the Flex api but not the sample viewer. I'm happy to share concepts/code examples if they are wanted.

Wind and Wildlife Landscape Assessment Tool

The LAT is designed as a landscape-level planning tool to identify sensitive wildlife habitat and areas that are likely to have low wildlife risk where wind energy development could be prioritized. The LAT shows 400+ species distribution models with links to metadata and downloads. The reporting feature returns species present within a user-defined area. Users can create a custom PDF of each report.

Development by Design
This app allows users to view Development By Design projects as well as download reports and spatial data. The Nature Conservancy has created a science-based approach called Development by Design to help balance the needs of planned development �?? like oil and gas, mining and infrastructure �?? with those of nature conservation.

Casey Schneebeck
The Nature Conservancy
Boulder, CO

Very cool apps. The UX design and functionality are well done. I'm currently working on a app for Arizona that is similar to the LAT app you built. Are you interested in talking offline about the LAT app? I can send you my contact information.
0 Kudos