Code Navigation Error in Adobe Flash Builder

05-10-2012 06:31 AM
IanDunn
New Contributor
Good Morning,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with a slight problem I'm having?  In Adobe Flash Builder whenever I ctrl + left click on a com.esri.ags flie from the reference library I get an error message saying that the source code cannon be found.  I have followed all the steps when it comes to importing the Flexviewer source code along with the library from the Flex API. 

I'm relatively new to Flex so any help would be much appreciated.  I have been stuggling with this for a while now.

Here's a picture of the error message.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThaoLe
by
New Contributor III
You probably clicked on one of the namespaces that does not have the source code; for example, any of the com.esri.ags... classes' source code is not available. This is the internal source code for the ArcGIS API for Flex. You can see from the error message that Flash Builder tried to find the source code in the .swc file.

Here's more information about the SWC file:

"SWC files make it easy to exchange components and other assets among Flex developers. You need only exchange a single file, rather than the MXML or ActionScript files and images and other resource files. The SWF file in a SWC file is compiled, which means that the code is loaded efficiently and it is hidden from casual view. Also, compiling a component as a SWC file can make namespace allocation an easier process."

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=compilers_30.html

The ctrl + left click does work if you click on the "import com.esri.viewer.utils.PopUpInfoParser".
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
The source for all the skins is available as part of the API's zip file in the skins folder.

See:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/flex/help/index.html#/Styling_and_skinning_overview/017p0000001s000...
0 Kudos
IanDunn
New Contributor
Like I said I'm fairly new to the Flex API andso that's good to know, thank you.
0 Kudos