Select to view content in your preferred language

arcgisimageservicelayer transparency with arcs

10-25-2010 01:56 PM
eddiequinlan
Deactivated User
Hi all,

I think I have a simple question.....  I'm using the arcgisImageServiceLayer in 9.3.1 server to display aerial imagery along with a parcel line layer.  I have interactive menus to set the alpha values on each layer or image.  All works fine.  However, I've noticed when the imagery is set to a high alpha setting .8,.9, or 1.0 and the parcel lines are set to 1.0 the imagery completely covers up the parcel line work. Is there a setting or value which allows the parcel (arcs) not to be over written?

I noticed if I use the dynamicMapServiceLayer and bring the images via a .mxd this will not occur.  However, the image quality is greatly deteriorated and doesn't take advantage of the arcgisImageServiceLayer class.  Any thoughts appreciated.

Eddie
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
eddiequinlan
Deactivated User
Hi,

I've stumbled across the answer.  The order in which the map layers are loaded into the flex app is the issue.  I was loading the parcel map layer first and then the image service layer.  If you add the image service layer(s) first; then your arc layer, you will be able to maintain the visibility of the parcel layer while adjusting the transparency of the image layer.

Thanx anyway,
Eddie
0 Kudos