ArcGIS 10.1 with the Flex 3.0 PreRelease - Print Widget Causing Memory Issues

05-04-2012 07:56 AM
Drew
by
Occasional Contributor III
I have been playing around with the new Print Widget and AGS 10.1 today and am having issues with the new Printing functionality.
I am running it on a Dev Box that meets the system requirements but it seems to be killing the CPU when execting a print task.

I can see a javaw.exe file using 99% of the CUP when i look in the task manager and I assume this has something to do with the print task.
As soon as the print task fails the CPU drops back down to a normal state.

I am alsmost sure the issue is my map service. I have a cached Topo map service with 150 layers inside the .sd file.  This is most likly the issue but I assume other have similar map services for Topo services.

Has anyone encountered any issues with the large map services and the new printing functionality in 10.1 ?

Drew
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RosaEscamilla_Flores
New Contributor
I have been playing around with the new Print Widget and AGS 10.1 today and am having issues with the new Printing functionality.
I am running it on a Dev Box that meets the system requirements but it seems to be killing the CPU when execting a print task.

I can see a javaw.exe file using 99% of the CPU when i look in the task manager and I assume this has something to do with the print task.
As soon as the print task fails the CPU drops back down to a normal state.

I am alsmost sure the issue is my map service. I have a cached Topo map service with 150 layers inside the .sd file.  This is most likly the issue but I assume other have similar map services for Topo services.

Has anyone encountered any issues with the large map services and the new printing functionality in 10.1 ?

Drew

I am working with ArcGIS Servver 10.1, but it seems to be killing the CPU when after some time the process javaw, cmd and conhost using 99% of the CPU when i look in the task manager.

I am almost sure the issue is my map service. I have a cached Topo map service with 30 layers inside the .sd file and  and I assume this has something.

As soon as the server restart  the CPU drops back down to a normal state.

Has anyone encountered any issues with the large map services ?

Rosa Escamilla
0 Kudos
Drew
by
Nice to hear someone else is experiencing a similar problem.
I have bee digging into this for a few days now and noticed the javaw.exe crashes once it memory hits 270 MB in size.

I have tried to increase the memory of javaw.exe using the below command line, but this did not work.
javaw.exe �??Xms256m �??Xmx1024m

I am at a loss of what to do right now so I have opened a ticket with ESRI, but I think its going to be a while until it's solved.

Drew
0 Kudos
RosaEscamilla_Flores
New Contributor
Nice to hear someone else is experiencing a similar problem.
I have bee digging into this for a few days now and noticed the javaw.exe crashes once it memory hits 270 MB in size.

I have tried to increase the memory of javaw.exe using the below command line, but this did not work.
javaw.exe �??Xms256m �??Xmx1024m

I am at a loss of what to do right now so I have opened a ticket with ESRI, but I think its going to be a while until it's solved.

Drew

i have the virtual machine, i tried to increase memory ram and number of cores, But this did not work. the number of javaw processes will increase to consume all the RAM 😞
0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor
you should not see this issue with the Final release.
0 Kudos
Drew
by
you should not see this issue with the Final release.

Thanks for the reply Tanu and letting us know.
0 Kudos