Telecom Insights: Step Telecoms Increases Efficiency with Asset Management Using ArcGIS

03-01-2024 08:26 AM
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor
3 0 194

Step Telecoms is an Irish telecommunications company primarily serving the data center industry. The company currently owns and manages over 250,000 meters of duct network and has installed and maintained over 500,000 meters of fiber-optic cable linking key data center sites in Dublin. With network reliability and connectivity being the primary concerns of their clients, Step Telecoms needed a more efficient way to visualize and manage their network. Continue reading.

SpatialNinja_2-1709310354271.png

About the Author
As a solutions engineer for the Telecommunications industry at Esri, I am responsible for understanding the technology needs of the telecom market, helping organizations with their geospatial strategy, and ensuring customer success with GIS. Prior to my work at Esri, I was a GIS Analyst with a consulting firm that worked closely with large utility, construction, and engineering firms on utility and telecom construction projects. There, I designed and built an enterprise wide location platform which incorporated server, desktop, web, and mobile components. Email: phuls@esri.com LinkedIn: Patrick Huls X: @SpatialNinja