Hi! I am trying to use ArcMap 10.4 scatterplot matrix to show the correlation between tornado strength and elevation. I have a 10m DEM (32-bit floating point) for the state, along with survey points. I'm having trouble converting the DEM raster values to

10-23-2016 08:12 PM
WhitneyHenson
New Contributor

Hi! I am trying to use ArcMap 10.4 scatterplot matrix to show the correlation between tornado strength and elevation. I have a 10m DEM (32-bit floating point) for the state, along with survey points. I'm having trouble converting the DEM raster values to point values, in order to graph them on the scatterplot. When I use Spatial Analyst's "Extract Values by Points" tool, and it keeps giving me -9999 placeholders for the elevation column. I checked and both of my spatial references are NAD83 UTM, so it's not a spatial/projection issue. I can't figure it out. HELP!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Extract Multi Values to Points—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

As long as you haven't used the Define Projection tool during your workflow... you are probably good..

Always examine the extents of your rasters in the properties dialog to confirm that the extents do indeed overlap.  If one file looks like it is in geographic coordinates and the others in projected, make sure you use the Project Tool to get them both in projected coordinates.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

-9999 sounds like no data values in any event

0 Kudos