Is all BIM revit attribute fields 100% can be read into ArcGIS?

Jump to solution
07-08-2022 03:46 AM
AndikaHadi
New Contributor II

Hi All, 

I have revit files and already succeeded to read the file in ArcGIS Pro also published it into ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise.

I'm wondering: Is all attribute fields originating from BIM are consumed 100% to ArcGIS environment/format?? I notice "Dimension" (Volume) field and other "Identity Data" (Cost, haven't tried the other fields) do not appear in ArcGIS attribute fields. You can see picture attached

What are the rules so it can be read in ArcGIS? My background is GIS, not civil engineering, so i am still new to the revit or the whole AEC domain

I tried using different approaches: 1). Direct Read into ArcGIS Pro. 2) Using BIM File to Geodatabase GP Tools so it become Multipatch, 3). Create Building Scene Layer Package.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

There are certain tables that ArcGIS currently do not read from Revit and in your case the dimension table is one of them.

Please let me know which tables are important  for you.

Best regards, 

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

There are certain tables that ArcGIS currently do not read from Revit and in your case the dimension table is one of them.

Please let me know which tables are important  for you.

Best regards, 

David

0 Kudos
AndikaHadi
New Contributor II

Hi David,

Thank you for responding. For now, I only need Dimension Table, specifically volume. I tried a workaround by converting revit file into Multipatch then I Calculate Geometry to get volume. But there's a slight difference between volume from revit and from ArcGIS Pro calculation. Does revit rounding up the value? Or it is a real different value? Do you have any solution to get the volume attributes from revit?

I attached pictures

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello 

That difference is due to the setting in Revit that you have. Look at the Project Units setup.

In the example below the setup is set to only display 2 decimals on the volume. 

DavidAlvarez_BIMGIS_0-1658355147792.png

Best regards, 

David 

0 Kudos
AndikaHadi
New Contributor II

Hi David,

Thank you so much, I guess I'm just gonna calculate the volume attribute directly within ArcGIS Pro 

Warmest Regards,

Hadi

0 Kudos