Select to view content in your preferred language

no feature is created from a model

05-22-2020 08:06 AM
MedMZOURI
Occasional Contributor

Hy guys..I have created a python script and a model which creates a feature (a square) in a layer given X and Y coordinates of center. of the square...it works on Arcgis desktop so I published it as a geoprocessing service and added it as a custom widget on Web Appbuilder , and when I run it it runs without error ..But NO FEATURE is created in my layer..
I have checked everything is okay..my map is a feature layer uploaded in my arcgis server..editing is enabled , creating , deleting and deleting are enabled too..So where is the error??

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
MedMZOURI
Occasional Contributor

Can you tell me please in what stage in the python script should I be referencing my hosted layer's REST URL, because I tried to put the REST URL instead of the local path in "arcpy.da.Editor("https://services8.arcgis.com.......") and it turns error

0 Kudos
MichelleBrake
Regular Contributor

Here are some resources to help you with what functions are available and referencing a service:

ArcGIS API for Python | Editing Features

ArcGIS API for Python | Updating features in a feature layer

Using Python to Write Features to a Feature Service

If things are still unclear are reading those I would recommend posting to a python specific group/community like ArcGIS API for Python‌ or Python‌ to get more targeted help. 

Thanks,

Michelle

geojobe.com

0 Kudos
MedMZOURI
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Michelle..so , what I understood from your answer is that the use of ArcgGIS API for python is essential..because so far I haven't used it , I've only used simple python scripts within ArcGis desktop then sharing them as Geoprocessing services.

0 Kudos
MichelleBrake
Regular Contributor

Not necessarily. The issue you were running into was functions to make edits on services, not local data, and referencing services in the script. Those resources I provided where to help with the python functions for both as it is a bit different than working with local tasks and data. 

Thanks,

Michelle

geojobe.com

0 Kudos