Multirole Locator with Postal Codes and Cities

01-08-2021 11:45 AM
Josh_Ittenbach
New Contributor III

I've had a multirole locator (v2.7) built with point address, street address, poi, and postal locality roles along with alternate name tables. The locator has worked well but lacked the ability to reverse geocode by postal locality:

Screenshot 2021-01-08 134341.png

I've been working on reconfiguring it with ZIP and city roles to support reverse geocoding but haven't gotten the configuration just right. The main problem I'm running into is that with "Preferred City Name" set to "Local", it suggests the local city name but returns the postal city name. This behavior is the same both locally and from the geocode service (10.8.1):

Screenshot 2021-01-08 140018.png

Screenshot 2021-01-08 140140.png

All data is linked with city and zip join id's. 

Has anyone found an optimal combination of roles to allow for search by both local and postal city names while returning only local names?

Thanks,

Josh Ittenbach

1 Reply
Josh_Ittenbach
New Contributor III

FYI, I ended up using a configuration with postal locality and city roles (no ZIP). This suggests and returns the desired city names when searching. It also allows reverse geocodes to return city names when a point or street fail to match. 

This is close to the functionality I'm looking for. It would be nice if the postal locality role supported reverse geocoding as well.

Josh

0 Kudos