Double returns with Create Address Locator using Dual Range

11-27-2019 03:43 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS Pro 2.4.0

Using the create address locator tool for a dual range style of locator, I get two returns in ArcGIS Pro:

This isn't a show stopper for me, just wondering if this is expected behavior, known 'odd-behavior' or what?  I suspect using old style locators in Pro is the problem itself.

Whenever I use it, regardless of street name (alpha versus numeric) I'll get the entered address as 'A' and entered address + 1 as 'B'. The same behavior occurs when I use the alt name, as well as when this locator is part of composite.

Brad Niemand

That should just about do it....
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor

Joe,

I think what is happening is that the Locate Pane in Pro is always returning all candidates instead of just the matching candidates like it did in ArcMap without the "Show all candidates" checkbox checked.  You can check that by turning on the details (the 4 square button on the left of the search box) and seeing the scores for the candidates.

We are targeting adding that option back in for a future release of Pro so that users can get back just the matching candidates instead of all candidates.

Brad