Sequential Selection of points within Polygon Features.

07-26-2018 06:16 PM
YankiYankito
New Contributor

Best of day to the ESRI Community:

Cuarrently in the process of elaborating a model but i reached a part that i can't accomplish. Basically at this stage the output is a point layer. Now imagine we have a layer with polygons representing city blocks and points within them representing buildings. This point layer has a field referencing the block it belongs to and also a "num_order" field that should be a sequential number within that block. 

As we know ESRI help has a very handy sequential number generator script with phyton. So say i have a 1000 blocks in the polygon layer and i want to sequentially number the points inside them for each block. I.E. Block # 250 with 30 points, the "num_order"field should be filled from 1 to 30. So the idea is to do that in the model automatically for all the blocks. So im not sure how to select each Block individually and do a field calculation to the "num_order" field in the point layer.

Finally im using basic license.

A million thanks if you read this and can contribute. Have done extensive search and i haven't stumble upon the solution so far. Best of wishes.

0 Kudos
0 Replies