Operations Dashboard - ADA Compliance?

07-22-2020 11:55 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have any steps been made to make Operations Dashboard ADA Compliant? I wanted to publish a dashboard to our website but it's missing quite a few components such as hover text, the ability to use keyboards for navigation, and alternate text. I'm very new to understanding ADA compliance within ESRI software so I may be missing things that have been implemented, so please correct me if I'm wrong! #Accessibility  #ADA 

2 Replies
JShi_EsriStaff
Esri Contributor

Hello Mary, 

Esri is working on improving overall accessibility of Dashboards with upcoming versions of ArcGIS Dashboards Beta. The current version of ArcGIS Dashboards has not been audited against the WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility standards or the standards detailed in US Section 508.  

Esri will continue to evaluate and update our products according to the latest WCAG standards produced and we will be ready to provide more information about these capabilities as development continues.

Regards, 

Julia Shi 

AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

Has there been any further progress or documentation about how to improve accessibility of Dashboards?  We're using the aXe and Lighthouse tools to assess our Dashboard and we're seeing issues around buttons and controls not having alt text for example.  I don't see a way of creating alt text for the standard dashboard controls and buttons.  Can anyone point me in the direction of guidance for how to improve or fix these issues?

Tags (1)