Online Content not Using Windows Accessibility Settings

2 weeks ago
MarionC
New Contributor

When using web applications and products (Experience Builder, Web App Builder, Classic Web Viewer, and the ESRI website) and Arc Pro, the interface does not utilize my Windows accessibility settings.

I am a disabled and neurodivergent GIS analyst with motor and mobility impairments, and cognitive and visual disorders.  To use a computer, I need both assistive technologies, can't use a traditional mouse, and accessibility settings for vision. This includes high contrast white mode and larger font. Because Arc Pro has too much visual information and requires a lot of clicking, opening windows, sifting through tabs, and does not work with high contrast mode it's impossible to use. 

That said I still can use ArcMap and some of my disabilities are new, except the issues related to my neurodivergence, which has always caused problems regarding Arc Pro and Dashboards.  However, my biggest problem is the fact it's impossible now to make web maps with the new layouts. They do not work with high-contrast mode and some of the older web apps display as mobile displays on a laptop due to larger text font I use to see and focus. 

Is there a way to make web-based products usable with high contrast mode and windows accessibility features? Can interfaces be simplified? Experience Builder is difficult to use not only because of the poor contrast of the UI but the scrolling and due to my need for mouse alternatives, it is hard to use the application. This goes beyond just needing keyboard navigation, I am referring to actual alternatives (trackball mice, switches, and voice control). Can the interface be simplified to have less information, and not so many columns of icons. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies