Why I can't authorize my arcgis 10.2 for desktop basic? everytime i tried to authorize it, it says "Unable to send your authorization information to Esri via the internet." I have internet connection, and Arcgis.com is up. I don't know what's the problem.

06-17-2015 06:21 PM
BernardSampang
New Contributor

Why I can't authorize my arcgis 10.2 for desktop basic? everytime i tried to authorize it, it says "Unable to send your authorization information to Esri via the internet." I have internet connection, and Arcgis.com is up. I don't know what's the problem. Please help me to authorize my arcgis 10.2arcgis authorization failed.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Try offline authorization, if that helps!

RTAGIS
by
New Contributor

offline authorization is cumbersome. sometimes your license will get corrupted when try to do multiple authorizations/de-authorizations within short period of time. Is there any specific ports, URLs we need to allow access from Firewalls and proxy servers?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bernard,

It could be a firewall issue. Asrujit is right. Go for an offline authorization. Save the text file and mail it to authorize@esri.com .

You will get the license file on your mail from Esri. Use the steps mentioned in that mail to authorize the license.

Think Location