Select to view content in your preferred language

Can a pro help out a newbie?

Jump to solution
02-20-2015 12:24 PM
JayStratemeyer1
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I am a software developer for a ground locate company (811 Call Before You Dig). I built our service call software using ASP.NET/WebForms and C# for server side code. In the field, our crew remotely connect to our system on a custom app that i built using Winforms /C#. We would like to achieve the following goals:

• First Idea - Somehow embed arcgis within our application for seamless use.
        • Second Idea - Export our addresses and plot each stop in arcgis as well as optimize route.

We cannot use the javascript api for our technicians may not have cell service. Can anybody out there tell me which idea is best suited and maybe provide some useful links? I'm all ears.

Thanks Everyone,

Jay

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

Have you considered using Esri ArcGIS Runtime SDK? You can embed ArcGIS into desktop apps: ArcGIS Runtime SDKs  There is a per seat license for the software and you develop in Visual Studio where you add the components to develop.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

Have you considered using Esri ArcGIS Runtime SDK? You can embed ArcGIS into desktop apps: ArcGIS Runtime SDKs  There is a per seat license for the software and you develop in Visual Studio where you add the components to develop.

0 Kudos
JayStratemeyer1
New Contributor

No I haven't. Thank you for the quick response! I will start by looking into this.