Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to open/load TIN

06-04-2010 09:28 AM
JakubSisak
Honored Contributor
I am creating TIN surfaces from features and everything is working fine until i suddenly could not open any of the new TIN into ArcMap or view then in ArcCatalog. Once i closed and opened the Map Documents all the TINs were no longer visible. 
ANy Ideas
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakubSisak
Honored Contributor
Strange. I moved the folder that contains the TINS to the desktop and i can view them fine.
0 Kudos
JakubSisak
Honored Contributor
So i realized that some people have had similar experiences with accessing TINs on the network. (Created on local hard drive then moved to network and not being able to open the TIN)  My issue seemed identical; i see the data, it even has the correct icon in arcCatalog but i can't view the TIN or open it unless i move the data to the desktop (or other location on C)
I realized that for the last 2 years i have been using Symbolic Linking.  All my data is stored on dedicated data drive but a symbolic link is used to make all projects appear as if they were residing on the C drive. This is because i added the dedicated data drive after i have been storing all of my projects on the C drive and it would have otherwise taken me long time to re-link each document....
Long story short; if i add the data from the physical location not via the Symbolic Link, the TIN loads fine.
0 Kudos