Select to view content in your preferred language

Sharing a Scene Error Message

02-27-2018 03:54 PM
LynnCarlson__GISP
Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.1 - created a local scene which has three layers on top of an elevation surface (the latter is a tiled cache in ArcGIS Online).  I want to share the scene with nonGIS co-workers via ArcGIS Online so they have a way to interact with the data (turn, rotate, zoom in, etc).  I choose Share > Web Scene.  I Analyze and get following message "Feature Layer is displaying more than 2000 features".  And a warning that "extruded features will be flattened".  The fishnet (see graphic attached) has 5,172 features and I need that level of detail so my colleagues can see the variation in the surface.  I extruded it so there would be a "base" to give an exaggerated sense of the surface.

I've seen some very elaborate web scenes however (esri_3d's own Visualize Developments in the Gallery) that seem like they Must have feature layers with more than 2000 features in them, as well as extruded features (building footprints)? 

So then I shared the layers, and got them into ArcGIS Online, but trying to add to the Scene Viewer generates the same error of having too many features.

Seems I cannot do what I hoped to then which is to share the 3d scene unless I take out some of the detail?  Just want to make sure I am not missing something because again, I've seen amazing scenes that definitely appear to have more than 2000 features in any given layer....

Options?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently Scene Viewer does not support more than 2000 features per feature layer and extruded polygons. Both current limitations are being worked on for a future release. Can you convert the extruded polygons to multipatch and then publish that multipatch layer as a scene layer to ArGIS Online? Where you are using Pro 2.1 and you have a multipatch feature class in the 3D section this will automatically publish a scene layer for you when you share your Web Scene.

0 Kudos