Select to view content in your preferred language

replace terrain points - multiple replace data sets

03-14-2013 04:30 AM
AxelThomas
New Contributor III
Hi all,
I am building a terrain from more than 10 individual overlapping low-resolution point data sources. In one region a smaller high-resolution data set is available so I intend to replace the low-resolution data with this data set locally.
The 'replace terrain points'-command however allows only to replace one data set by another. If I were to replace all of the low resolution data sets (which all have data points within the extent of the high-resolution data set) in this way I had to run the replace-command several times and would add the high resolution data set just as often.
In the future input data (both low and high resolution data sources) will be updated rather frequently so the approach to delete low-resolution data points prior to inclusion into the terrain is not an option.
Weights for input data would be a good solution but this is obviously not implemented in the terrain concept.
I guess this is a problem that occurs rather frequently so perhaps anyone has some advice on how to handle it - any ideas are welcome!

Axel
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies