Newbie Problem! ( HELP! )

03-22-2012 02:39 AM
juvenilecubelo
New Contributor
where do i can find any tutorial for Arcmap GIS for creating 3D objects in the map?
best regards . . .
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
What are you looking to create?  In order to work with 3D objects, you will need to use 3D Analyst along with ArcScene or ArcGlobe.  Here are some basic tutorials:

Introduction to the ArcGIS 3D Analyst tutorial

Esri Training Courses on 3D
0 Kudos
FrankDeming
New Contributor
With 10.1 ArcTutor install I am not finding the \arcgis\ArcTutor\3Danalyst folder for running the tutorial. On another system I installed ArcTutor 10.0 and it is there. Is there a way to find the tutorial data separately?

Thanks,

Frank
0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
With 10.1 ArcTutor install I am not finding the \arcgis\ArcTutor\3Danalyst folder for running the tutorial. On another system I installed ArcTutor 10.0 and it is there. Is there a way to find the tutorial data separately?

Thanks,

Frank

At 10.1 there is not a tutorial for 3D Analyst on the ArcGIS Tutorials page; therefore, no available data.  There are a few guide books you may take a look at: 

Analyzing threats to 3D flight paths and corridors

Assessing a steam pipe explosion in an urban environment
Obtaining elevation information for building footprints
Creating textured buildings from models
0 Kudos
FrankDeming
New Contributor
Well those other links are fine but I think as a newbie I will start with the 10.0 tutorial. So on another workstation I installed 10.0 ArcTutor and will grab the appropriate data from there will running 10.1 . I should be able to figure out differences.

Frank
0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
Frank,

I confirmed with the resource center team that the tutorial was removed at 10.1.  They plan to have some videos and template out of 3D Analyst in the future.  There should not be a lot of changes between the versions, so the 10.0 data should be able to be used in 10.1.
0 Kudos
SamuelCousins
New Contributor
I would like to find the tutorial data for 10.0. and after googling lots and lots can't find it anywhere.
Im running 10.1 and would like to go through the 10.0 tutorials but as the data is not included anymore what are my options?
0 Kudos