Select to view content in your preferred language

LAS Dataset Profile View navigation

03-13-2014 08:15 AM
barbarayassin
New Contributor
Hello,

Does the navigation tool in the Profile view window allow you to rotate your profile? I can only pan/zoom and the help says it rotates also. I have 10.1 sp1, full license with extensions.
Also, when I click the 3D View, after selecting a profile,  it show my whole LAS extent, not just the profile area that I selected. This is counter to the tip in the help:
(Tip: You can also view the points displayed in 2D Profile View in a 3D view by launching 3D View while the 2D profile view is open.)

Are these known bugs?

Take care, Barbara
Tags (1)
2 Replies
GucluSen
New Contributor II
Hello,

Does the navigation tool in the Profile view window allow you to rotate your profile? I can only pan/zoom and the help says it rotates also. I have 10.1 sp1, full license with extensions.
Also, when I click the 3D View, after selecting a profile,  it show my whole LAS extent, not just the profile area that I selected. This is counter to the tip in the help:
(Tip: You can also view the points displayed in 2D Profile View in a 3D view by launching 3D View while the 2D profile view is open.)

Are these known bugs?

Take care, Barbara

Hi Barbara,

You can navigate 2D (like pan tool) your LAS data in 2D profile window.
If you can see 3D, launching 3D View while the 2D profile view is open as you said.

Sincerely
Güçlü
0 Kudos
JosephSt__Peter
New Contributor

This question was never address and I am having the same issue with Desktop 10.7. When I use the profile view with las dataset I cannot rotate the image. The navigation button is selected, but left clicking the mouse just pans the image, and right click zooms in and out. This is confusing to me because only a few sessions ago I was able to rotate the profile view when I select the navigation button, and the profile view description in the help section says that it can rotate the view. Are there keyboard shortcuts that will allow this functionality, or someplace to address the mouse settings in Profile View?

0 Kudos