Select to view content in your preferred language

Item Description Scene Preview

02-23-2010 03:24 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Currently, when I open a layers Item Description, the default cursor is Navigate.  If I click Zoom in, Zoom out, or Pan, it is still Navigate, now it does zoom in correctly, it does zoom out correctly, and it pans correctly, but the cursor does not change.  Pressing the Identify window brings up the window, but the cursor is the Navigate button as well.

In Catalog I would see a 3D experience from within this window, currently there is no 3D experience.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Pressing the Create Thumbnails button in Scene from the Catalog Window, and switching to the description tab to see the thumbnail, first there is no thumbnail and second the Item Description is now frozen, I cannot move the window, I cannot do anything, my Scene instance is now frozen, which means to me a crash, albeit a useless crash with no report.

Reopening the Scene document after killing it, View Metadata from the TOC, and the thumbnail was in fact created, hooray, however, I am unable to open up Item Description from the Catalog window.  Take the hooray back.  It opens but just sits there frozen.  Nothing is shown in the description tab, cursor is an arrow with an hourglass., get to kill for the second time, perhaps at pre release.
0 Kudos
KarenZwicker
Esri Contributor
Hi Ted,

I am not able to reproduce your issues switching navigation tools when the Item Description page is open at the same time. This must be fixed at pre-release.

Also a lot more work has recently gone into the Item Description and Properties pages, so I expect you will see improved performance with syncing of information and any hang ups.
I'll try testing this and get back to you.

Thanks,
Karen
0 Kudos
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
We will retest at pre release.  It could be that this will not be able to be repro'd.  I was unable to repro, because the functionality no longer worked after the initial problem, meaning every time I opened Item Desc, my application - Scene was now frozen, definitely a nasty bug, so perhaps it has resolved itself.  Thank you for trying to play with this for us, Karen.
0 Kudos
KarenZwicker
Esri Contributor
No problem! 🙂
That's what we're here for.
0 Kudos