How to create hypothetical unidentified flying object (UFO) in 3D?

Jump to solution
08-07-2014 11:15 PM
JA
by
New Contributor

I have been following 3D Analyst tutorial and in fact I did it twice just to get the hang of it. There is a red 3-dimensional triangular object that moves with the animation. I am just wondering how I could make one. I tried to copy the layer but it didn't work. I have no solid background in programming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BartSmit
New Contributor II

Hi, I've done this trick the following way.

• Create a point feature class and digitize one point in ArcMap (doesn't really matter where you create it).
  • Create a line feature class (add z coordinates) and digitize a line that represents the flight path. Don't forget to add z values to the vertices.
  • Add both feature classes to ArcScene and symbolize the point fc with your preferred symbol.
  • Add the Animation toolbar
  • Use the option Move Layer Along Path to have your ufo fly along its path.

This did the trick for me with a helicopter flying over my 3D city.

Good luck !

Bart

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BartSmit
New Contributor II

Hi, I've done this trick the following way.

• Create a point feature class and digitize one point in ArcMap (doesn't really matter where you create it).
  • Create a line feature class (add z coordinates) and digitize a line that represents the flight path. Don't forget to add z values to the vertices.
  • Add both feature classes to ArcScene and symbolize the point fc with your preferred symbol.
  • Add the Animation toolbar
  • Use the option Move Layer Along Path to have your ufo fly along its path.

This did the trick for me with a helicopter flying over my 3D city.

Good luck !

Bart

waleedQader
New Contributor

can you share this map pls

0 Kudos