Select to view content in your preferred language

Error exporting 3D scene from ArcScene

12-16-2015 10:18 AM
donaldmartin1
New Contributor

I am trying to export a 3D scene to vrml.  When exporting ArcScene never makes it past 0 percent or nothing happens and the program crashes.  After crashing the following error is displayed.  I have seen other questions posted about vrml export issues with the same error but no responses.  Does anyone know of a solution?  Has ESRI addressed this issue.?

thanks.

vrml_error.JPG

Tags (3)
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

According to Support Services research, it's a bug:

BUG-000085475 : Exporting feature data to Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML) causes ArcScene to stop responding in ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3. NIM066739 : Export to VRML gives an empty file when the multipatch created is from an external 3D file.

FrankPanaro
New Contributor II

I have the exact same issue. It's been 11 months as of today since this was first reported. Just sayin...

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Frank - I looked into the status update for bug 85475 and it's marked a "High Severity", the status is "Open:  Assigned" but I'm not seeing when it's to be fixed.  I'd suggest contacting Support Services to have your Customer Number added to the bug report and ask when they know when it may be addressed.

0 Kudos
FrankPanaro
New Contributor II

Thanks, already done. Hopefully it gets fixed soon; I kind of need the ability to export a VRML for a client like yesterday! Thanks for your response!

Cheers,

Frank

Frank Panaro

Senior Scientist, GIS Manager

SLR International Corporation

Direct: 907-264-6987

Office: 907-222-1112

Fax: 907-222-1113

Email: fpanaro@slrconsulting.com<mailto:fpanaro@slrconsulting.com>

2700 Gambell Street, Suite 200, Anchorage, AK, 99503, United States

www.slrconsulting.com<http://www.slrconsulting.com/us>

<http://www.slrconsulting.com/us>

Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer

This communication and any attachment(s) contain information which is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in error, please email us by return mail and then delete the email from your system together with any copies of it. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not represent those of SLR Management Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries, unless specifically stated.

0 Kudos