Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcScene 10.3 throwing a destructor exception

02-23-2015 08:35 AM
AdamSeamans1
New Contributor

I have a user running into an issue with ArcScene 10.3.  He is attempting to export a 3D scene.  The export fails and when he attempts to close ArcScene the attached message is thrown. I have never encountered anything like this before and haven't been to find anyone else having this problem specifically with ArcScene.  Could anyone shed some insight or point me in a direction I could start with?  I have had the user rename his normal.sxt to generate a new one with no change.  Also, I have had him try from two different .sxds with no change.  His system is running Windows 7 64-bit. 

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AnjithaSenarath
New Contributor II

you are not alone in this . I am using small 3d rendering for Abu Dhabi building. Arc Scene and Arc Globe 10.3 crash or hand on every moment.. totally useless software. I have read as may users faced same issue from ArcGIS 10.1 onward, Now we installed 10.3 yet problem exist. Why ESRI is updating their software with out finding a solution to early problems ? Utterly waist of time and money .

CSTEditorial
New Contributor

I too am having the same issue. In 10.2 there seemed to be no problem. Now that I have installed 10.3, I get the same issue or ArcScene simply won't respond when I try to export the 3D file. I just installed 10.3.1 and I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
FaroukRohoman
New Contributor II

Same problem; needs to be fixed  ESRI are you listening??

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here are some options to try:

Rename the Normal.mxt file.

Options A

1. Navigate to the following directory path:

C:\User\*username*\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.x\ArcMap\Templates

2. Right-click the Normal.mxt file > Rename.

3. Rename the file to 'Normal_old.mxt'.

4. Start ArcMap.

Options B

The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended to back up your operating system and files, including registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary.

Please be aware that renaming the ESRI folders is a factory reset of ArcGIS, and therefore all third party tools, custom scripts, and/or custom toolbars currently installed must be reinstalled as a result. Additionally, all existing folder connections must be reconnected.

Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions. Use caution and proceed at your own risk.

If ArcGIS Pro is installed on the machine, ensure that an ArcGIS Pro license is not checked out from ArcGIS Online.

If unsure as to whether or not an ArcGIS Pro License is checked out on the machine, please contact Esri Technical Support at 888-377-4575.

Rename the ESRI folder and reset the ESRI Registry Keys:

ESRI folder -

1. Open Windows Explorer.

2. Navigate to:

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\ESRI

3. Right-click the ESRI folder and select Rename. Rename the folder to 'ESRI_old'.

Registry Key -

1. Click the Start menu > Run > type 'regedit'.

2. In the Registry Editor, expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.

3. Expand the Software folder.

4. Rename the ESRI folder to 'ESRI_OLD'.

5. Close the Registry Editor window.

6. Start ArcMap.

0 Kudos
JakeJenkins
New Contributor

Neither of these two solutions work. 

The issue is when exporting a 3D VRML from ArcSCENE.  After clicking 'Export to 3D' the program will kick out an empty 3D VRML file.  Not only does this essential function not work, but ArcScene freezes and the viewport wont refresh when trying to pan/zoom/rotate. 

Please help ASAP.  Without the ability to export a 3D scene, this program (which I have used for years without any issue) is completely useless.

AngelaGibson
New Contributor III

I'm having the exact same issue!  Hopefully ESRI can figure this out soon!

FrankPanaro
New Contributor II

I'm having the exact same issue as well. Apparently it's a known bug #000085475

0 Kudos