Hi I have the following datasets for an area:
1. LIDAR DTM (Digital Terrain Model)
2. LIDAR DSM (Digital Surface Model)
3. Building footprints polygons
I would like to calculate the following:
1. Maximum height of each building footprint
(by subtracting DTM from DSM)
2. Area of each individual section of a footprint
(by overlay the DSM over the building footprint and delineate the individual boundaries of a footprint
based on the LIDAR classification)
Any ideas whether 1) and 2) can be done using ArcGIS or any of its extensions (3D or Spatial Analyst)?
relevent help topics
Pretty well need one or the other extension to be useful
Thanks for the suggestion using Spatial Analyst for deriving height from DSM and DTM.
The reason for delineating the building footprints is to obtain the area for each floor of the the building.