07-30-2024 04:52 AM
emreaktas1
Regular Contributor

hello
I converted my cad data to ifc format.
I can't see my data with arcgis pro

emreaktas1_0-1722340245618.png

emreaktas1_1-1722340274688.png

Although I added the ifc data to the scene, the data is not coming.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MicZatorsky_AEC
Frequent Contributor

Have you confirmed that your IFC conversion worked?  Does it display correctly in any other application?

0 Kudos
emreaktas1
Regular Contributor

ifc is not opening in any other application.

what is the best application to convert ifc

0 Kudos
MicZatorsky_AEC
Frequent Contributor

Well, that explains why ArcGIS Pro isn't displaying your data. BIMvision is useful if you ever need a free viewer of IFC data to confirm that the IFC file is good.

The "best" package to convert to IFC is your CAD software.  I don't know any free translators,  but others may.  

CiciXiao
Esri Contributor

While taking a look of your data, I found there is no 3D Solid or Mesh in your 3D CAD file, they are polylines and polygons with Z value. If you are exporting a file without any 3D elements, an empty IFC file will be generated. Try create a solid or mesh and export again. Hope that helps.

emreaktas1
Regular Contributor

hi @CiciXiao 

I converted my CAD data to a slpk layer in citygml format. Is it possible to convert this GML data to BIM format (IFC)?

0 Kudos
emreaktas1
Regular Contributor

emreaktas1_0-1722855453343.png

0 Kudos
CiciXiao
Esri Contributor

If you want an IFC file from DGN, you can use ArcGIS Data Interoperability Extension toaggregate the data to create 3D solids or mesh. Lines will be abandoned but polygons will be replaced with 3D solids/mesh, that will be read by CAD->IFC converter you use. 

CiciXiao_0-1722923135083.png

CiciXiao_1-1722923142269.png

Cici & David 

0 Kudos