Animation Z value

01-30-2022 01:52 PM
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III
  • Dear Community,

I want to do some Animation by Z values. I just create a Polygon Layer and have a table with some Z values. I have got 30 values in the table and I want to connect them with the polygon layer. In the end I want to animate my Layer along that path.

The problem is If I connect the table with my layer it seems to be that my polygon is connecting to all the values instead of creating a separate polygon for every value. I think that's the problem why my animation is not working. I already set a new range but my polygons are still on the same level. So I would need 30 separate Polygons. How can I create them? 

I already read the links on the theme Animation.

Thanks in advance!

Greets,

Andrea

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

so you read the section about the geography not changing but the attributes do in which case you store the attributes in a separate table for a one to many relationship?

Temporal data in separate tables—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Yep Dan 🙂 I already create a link field...I just create a short field with the number 1 for my one Polygon layer and the same procedure for my Z-Value table, after that I have connected them. Enable the time stamps in the Polygon Layer and want to create an animation. I can only see the first time step and last when layer arrives at his max point...I can't see the steps between....

Thanks in advance!

Greets,

Andrea

0 Kudos
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Or should I create also an special ID ?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

looking at the table in the link I sent them have StationId linked to StationId and the (time)steps are in the next column followed by the values

maybe you linked objectid to objectid?  Perhaps showing your two tables might help

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos